Abraham Kriel Bambanani is a reputable NGO in Johannesburg and has a dedicated staff compliment of 230.
We pride ourselves in excellence in Childcare. Our values are based on the best interest of the child. We take pride in our organisation and live through integrity in everything we do. Do you share the vision we have at Abraham Kriel Bambanani and want to make a difference?
If you meet the requirements for a position then you are most welcome to apply for the vacancies that are available.
Please complete the relevant application form for the position that you are applying for together with an affidavit and your CV and send it to email@example.com.
We look forward to meeting you!
Closing date: 17/07/2020
The purpose of the job
The main purpose of the job is to assist the House Parents in taking care of the house and the children. The responsibilities include making sure all assigned areas of the home are clean, neat, and tidy. This includes any indoor and outdoor household cleaning and organizing tasks assigned by the house mother and may include cleaning and organizing a closet, may assist in preparation of food when if and when the need requires
- Responsible for maintaining the kitchen, this includes washing dishes, cleaning the stove, wiping cupboards and counters daily
- The incumbent is responsible for cleaning of the dining room and lounge, ensure that windows are cleaned on a monthly basis
- Ensure that all rooms are clean daily
- Ensure that the bathroom, toilets and floors are cleaned on a daily basis
- The incumbent will also be responsible, and ensure that the children’s clothes are ironed, including the ironing off all linens and curtains
- The incumbent can perform any other adhoc duties in line with her job description
- The ability to think independently
- The ability to identify areas that need attention, including identifying dirty areas that are not visible to the eye
- Be able to understand the needs of the child
- To be able to organise and plan around one’s own duties
- To be able to use time management of responsibilities effectively
- The incumbent should be physically active in order to do his her work effectively
- Emotional intelligence
- Work easily with others
- Communication in both English and Afrikaans and at least one African language would be advantageous
- Preference will be given to candidates with Senior Certificates, (Grade 12) but not limited to this role
For any inquiries regarding the position please contact: Elsie Haywood on email firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you be interested in the above position please email your CV to email@example.com or fax 011 830-0956
Closing date: 17/07/2020
The purpose of the job
Incumbent is a member of the multidisciplinary team, who reports to the Satellite Homes Manager. The Child and Youth Care Worker should act as an advocate for the youth; assist with the developmental, coaching and educational needs of the youth. The incumbent stands as the role model for the child assisting with the physical, psychological and the social needs of the child.
- The incumbent is primarily responsible for the effective management of the house unit.
- Is responsible for providing a warm, safe and emotionally supportive environment for the youth.
- Work in consultation with the multidisciplinary team members, and keep the team up to date with the youth’s development progress.
- The Incumbent promotes good behaviour to the youth with regard to authority and authoritative figures, supports and encourage the youth to reach their full potential.
- Takes responsibility for the supplement and safe keeping of the first aid box and prescribed medication
- At least two years extensive demonstrated experience in working with young people in crisis, especially traumatised children, and/or living in an out of home care situation.
- Possess the required knowledge, skills, attitude and strategies to be able to work effectively with traumatized children who display challenging behaviors
- Prioritize, the ability to work both independently and as an active team member
- Be able to work under pressure, and have high levels of emotional intelligence
- Ability to maintain professional demeanour while exercising judgment, discretion and discipline in work
- Senior Certificate a must have
- The position will require traveling and being away from home
- Experience in Child and Youth Care work highly advantages
- Be able to read, write and speak English and Afrikaans a must
- Valid driver’s licence and PDP a must have
- Must be able to work at least 18 days a month (not all together) and sleep over at the houses she will work at.
Should you meet any of the above requirements please email CV with application forms to: Mrs Elsie Haywood firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or fax to (011) 839 1080.
Application forms can be received at our offices or downloaded below. Please choose the Childcare worker application form.
Should you not be contacted within 2 weeks of submitting your application, please consider your application unsuccessful. NB! This position is based in Johannesburg and East Rand.
Closing date: 31/03/2020
Do you have a passion for children? Do you dream about using your skills to make a real difference?
The following vacancy is available:
We need a married couple to work as houseparents. The lady is primary responsible for the management and care of 10 children and the house unit.
The man plays the role as support care worker to support the housemother. He is encouraged to have a permanent position and his own career.
A flat is provided, as well as food as part of the remuneration package.
Previous experience in Childcare will give you an advantage. Proof that you worked with children or had a position at a Childcare facility will be an advantage.
Requirements: Senior Certificate (Grade 12), Driver’s license. Any qualification in Social Science will be to your advantage.
Queries: Contact Ms. Ntuntu Riba, Manager Human Resources, and send CV as well as the application form that can be downloaded below. E-mail the application form with the CV to the following addresses: Ms. Ntuntu Riba e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Mrs. Elsie Haywood – email@example.com.
NB: Please mention the job title if you are applying for the position.