MORE INFORMATION ABOUT RESIDENTIAL CARE
Traumatised, abandoned, neglected and orphaned children are comitted into the care of Abraham Kriel
Bambanani by the Childrens Court.
OUR MAIN AIM IS
- To help reunify these children with their parents/family where possible or to reintegrate them into the broader community
- To develop and empower children so that they can become contributing members of society.
A COMMITTED CHILD IS
Removed from the parents or guardians’ care by the court due to neglect, drug abuse or alcoholism, imprisonment, abandonment of the child or sexual or physical abuse.
- These children’s parents cannot care for them or provide for them due to:
– Extreme poverty
– Health or disability reasons
– Abusive home situations
– behavioural problems in the children
- Orphaned children
- Abandoned children
- A home with parents or child care workers
- Daily meals
- Therapeutic services
- Social work services
- Access to formal schooling and a tertiary education or skills training where appropriate or possible
- Cultural and social rehabilitation Empowerment to take responsibility for their own lives
- Exposure to values
- Opportunities to develop abilities and talents
- Exposure to positive role models