HISTORY OF THE JOHANNA MALAN CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT CENTRE
Children’s development was Johanna Malan’s passion. She was a teacher and friend of Maria Kloppers, who was directly involved in the founding of the haven for unwanted babies in 1908. It was only in 1977 when the school was built next to the Maria Kloppers Children’s Home that pre-primary education was available to children in that area.
In 2003 the Johanna Malan Early Childhood Development Centre came under the wing of Abraham Kriel Bambanani to stop the Centre from closing. Loving care together with intellectual stimulation and early childhood education forms the cornerstone of development for the little learners from our Maria Kloppers Campus and the surrounding community.