Help Children in Need
7 Ways How You Can Help Children in Need
We all realise the importance of doing our bit to help children in need. But what exactly are the needs of the youth? South Africa is a country of extremes – even with our natural riches, developed upper class, and societal advancements, a vast majority of the population live in poverty, struggle to secure an income, face challenges accessing basic services, go hungry, and are affected by high crime levels. Kids often suffer the most from these challenges.
Abraham Kriel Bambanani was established to help children in need. We provide shelter, physical care, rehabilitation, and skills development for those subjected to trauma, abuse, molestation, poverty, neglect, and unemployment, via residential care, community services, and educational programmes. But we can’t continue to help children in need without your support.
Fortunately, there are many ways to support us and help children in need to change their future. What’s more, no matter your ability or availability, there is bound to be a way for you to get involved.
Here are some of the ways your can help children in need:
- Donate – You can make a once-off or monthly donation via Snapscan or EFT to help us feed, educate, and clothe those in need.
- Needs – Check our website for special items our various programmes require, such as second-hand cell phones, or clothing.
- Hampers for families – Food hampers, treat hampers, and toiletries hampers are a great way to help families through the month.
- Report child abuse – The law requires responsible adults to report suspected child abuse. Contact the police at 10111 or go to your nearest police station alternatively, phone Childline at 08000 55 555 or Child Welfare SA at 0861 424 453/011 452 4110.
- Holiday friends programme – Host a child to show them how a healthy family functions, and how to be a part of this loving and caring environment.
- My School card – Nominate Abraham Kriel Bambanani as the beneficiary (select Abraham Kriel, Childcare, and National – South Africa as the region) when applying for a My School card and swipe your card at partner stores to donate without it costing you a cent!
- Volunteer – Volunteer your time to help with tasks, such as homework and extra lessons, mending clothes, maintenance, admin, and more.
Follow the links on our homepage to find out more about Abraham Kriel Bambanani, as well as how to support us to help children in need. Or, get in touch with our team to ask any questions you may have or discuss any ideas on how we can make the world a better place for the youth of today.